Deputy Leader and Portfolio Holder for Adult Social Care.
Main roles and responsibilities
- Implementing the Deal for the Future
- Issues relating to supporting people’s improved health and wellbeing in Wigan, including relationships with health partners.
- The commissioning of effective services which promote independence, integration and providing mechanisms which enable everyone to make informed choices.
- Support for older people and adults with disabilities and for their carers.
- Ensuring vulnerable groups feel safe and protected and that their welfare is promoted. Enhancing self-reliance, improving life opportunities and independence.
- Armed Forces
- The People Directorate are working to modernise the adult social care strategy by:
- having improved pathways and a redesigned workforce
- transforming through technology and information
- having a responsive approach to quality of care
- remodelling in house provision
Priorities for 2018/19
- Support for the Deputy Leader and also the following:
- Drug and Alcohol Team
- Support for older people
- Adults with learning disabilities
- Adults with physical disabilities and sensory loss
- Adults with mental health issues
- Health and wellbeing (Chairman of the Board)
- Adult Social Care
- Adult Safeguarding
- Public Health
- Support for particular groups on:
- Work and learning
- Day services
- Housing support
- Residential support
- Health and Social Care Partnership Board
- Industrial Communities Alliance
- Leigh Town Centre Management Group
- Tobacco Control Alliance Greater
- Manchester Combined Authority (Substitute)
- AGMA Executive Board (Substitute)