Main roles and responsibilities
- Implementing the Deal for the Future
- The Adult Social Care and Health Directorate ensures that the council has an efficient and effective 24/7/365 response capability, plans and processes in place to discharge its statutory responsibility under the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 and associated legislation and guidance.
- The Adult Social Care and Health Directorate supports a programme to build both individual and communities of resilience (including businesses); enabling them be better prepared and develop the capacity to absorb shocks and return back to some form of normality quicker - sufficient resilience to prevent stress fractures or even system collapse.
- Giving advice and assistance on Business Continuity and Planning to council directorates, businesses and community groups.
Priorities for 2018/19
Link with Police, Civil Contingencies:
- Facilitating the councils 24/7/365 emergency response capability
- Facilitating the councils 24/7/365 response to planned events, e.g. demonstrations, marches, celebrations, concerts
- Emergency Planning
- Humanitarian support
- Warning and informing the population
- Training and exercising
- Business Continuity
- Building Resilient Communities
- Co-ordinating the councils Counter Terrorism strategy and response
- Liaising and working with other Category 1 & 2 Responders
- Facilitating the Wigan Borough Resilience Forum
- CCTV/security enforcement Neighbourhoods Town Centre Community safety/anti-social behaviour/police.
- CCTV/security enforcement Joint Intelligence Unit and Data Management.
- GM Police and Crime Panel
- Leigh Town Centre Management Group
- Local Access Forum
- PATROL Adjudication Joint Committee