MyAccount is a resident portal allowing you to view your accounts, access council services and track the progress of reports you've raised with us.
Registering for an account is easy and takes just a couple of minutes.
We're asking you to do this to save time and money when contacting us as part of The Deal.
What services can I access?
MyAccount allows you to securely access the following range of council services:
The following services can be accessed directly on our website:
- Bins - request a new or replacement bin and report a missed bin
- Council housing - Apply to join the housing register. Wigan Council tenants can register to view rent statements, make payments online, report a range of issues and request repairs
- Bulky waste - Book and pay for a household bulky waste collection
- Parking services - Apply for parking permits, pay a parking fine and access important information on parking regulations and parking fines, including how to appeal a parking fine
- Pest control - Book a pest control visit
- Registrar services - Book appointments online to register a birth, death, marriage or civil partnership, as well as book a wedding and other ceremonies.
For further information or if you experience any problems setting up your MyAccount, see our MyAccount frequently asked questions.
Changes to MyAccount
Why is there a 'new' MyAccount?
The old MyAccount has been replaced to allow us to improve our digital services.
Our new and old MyAccounts ran alongside each other for a period of two months to allow our residents to sign up to the new account.
The old MyAccount is no longer available, so if you are a resident of the Borough you will now only be able to access the new MyAccount.
Why do I need access to MyAccount?
You will need access to the new MyAccount so you can:
- View your Council Tax account
- View your Housing Benefit account
- Report environmental or waste problems.
I'm using my password for my OLD MyAccount to log in to my NEW MyAccount but it's not letting me login
User details from the old MyAccount have not been transferred over to the new MyAccount. Residents of the borough will be required to register for a new MyAccount.