Donating furniture to charity
We work proactively with local charities who collect furniture and household items free of charge to support local people in need. Charities will only take items that are in good condition and can be re-used.
Our collection service
Alternatively, we can collect bulky waste items, with the first collection free of charge. However, before contacting us to book a collection we ask that you consider if your items may be suitable for reuse by a charity.
Booking a collection
- Book a bulky waste collection
- Bookings are available three weeks in advance. There is a limit to the number of large items (settees) that can be collected per day, due to the size and capacity of our delivery vehicles.
- Booking slots are made available daily on a rolling basis. Due to a current high demand, booking slots may be limited.
Please note, you cannot change or amend your booking once you have confirmed it.
How much does it cost?
- One free collection of up to three bulky waste items per property in a 12 month period
- One or two extra items can be added to the collection at a cost of £5.75 per item
- Extra collections in a 12 month period will cost £87.70 each.
A single item is an individual piece, for example a dining table with four chairs is considered five pieces. The same applies to a bed base, headboard and mattress which are taken as three items.
Where do I leave my items?
Please leave your items outside your property by 6:30am on the arranged collection day. Make sure items are:
- Dry and covered - especially any absorbent items such as carpets, mattresses and settees
- Accessible when we arrive to collect them
- Clearly identifiable
- The items booked for collection - other items not described will be left.
What we will collect
- Armchairs, sofas, pouffes
- Wardrobes (not dismantled)
- Bed bases, frames, mattresses, futons, sofa beds, headboards, cots
- Sideboards, cabinets
- Tables, chairs
- Bureaus, desks
- Blanket box
- Chest of drawers, dressing tables
- Hi-fi units, TV stands/brackets
- Carpets, underlay, lino
- Ironing boards
- Children's toys, car seats
- Bikes, exercise bikes, treadmills
- Step ladders
- Framed mirrors
- Lawnmowers, strimmers
- Garden furniture, sun loungers
- BBQs (no gas bottles)
- Cookers, ovens, hobs
- Freezers, fridges (Please ensure all food is removed)
- Washing machines, dryers
- Computers (all parts), monitors
- Lawnmowers, strimmers
- Televisions, radios
- Small electrical items eg hairdryers, irons etc
- Free standing heaters
Items we won't collect
These items can be taken to your local waste and recycling centre instead.
- Any black bags of rubbish
- Any normal household waste
- Bathroom suite
- Doors (internal and external)
- Fire surrounds
- Fish tanks
- Fluorescent tubes
- Kitchen unit
- Window frames
- Wood (including shelving)
- Wood flooring
- Any garden rubbish
- Fence panels
- Garage doors
- Gates (wooden and iron)
- Gas bottles
- Hazardous chemicals (oils, paint tins, asbestos)
Try to keep items clean and dry so they can be re-used or recycled.
Please note: clinical waste and trade waste will not be collected.