We can arrange help for residents who have problems moving their bins on collection days.
This service is free of charge to people who qualify for it. You may be visited by a council officer to check your eligibility for the scheme.
Residents with disabilities or additional needs may request an assisted collection if there is no one else in the household who is able to take out the bin to the edge of the property or collection point.
As part of the Deal, residents who would normally need this service are encouraged to ask a relative or neighbour to help with bins. Where the resident qualifies for an assisted collection, the collection crews will collect the bin from its normal storage area and return it to the same place.
What you must do
- Ensure we have access to the property on the collection day
- Leave your gate unlocked
- Make sure your bin is accessible to us
- Not have dogs or other pets loose on your property
- Let us know if your circumstances change and you no longer need an assisted collection
- Inform us if you have moved property so we can amend the collection system.