Some of our homes are subject to local lettings policies.
These policies may place certain criteria or restrictions on a property that applicants on the housing register must meet in order to rent that property.
Local lettings policies can be placed on:
- New build and/or regeneration schemes
- Lower than market rent properties
- A group of properties of a particular type or in a particular neighbourhood in the following circumstances:
- Reducing the minimum age criteria for certain 'lower demand' bungalows or older people schemes
- Imposing temporary restrictions - such as a minimum age, or on new tenants in a block of flats which may have been subject to anti-social behaviour from former tenants
- Introducing an upper or lower age limit on a block of flats to help prevent a clash of lifestyles.
When criteria or restrictions have been applied to a property it will be mentioned in the property advert when you search for a home (external link).
More information about our local lettings policies can be found in our allocations policy.