Who can apply?

Most people aged 18 or over can apply to join the housing register.

However, if you are subject to immigration control or you are not habitually resident in Ireland, the UK, Isle of Man, Jersey or Guernsey (Common Travel Area - CTA) the law says we cannot offer you a property.

We may also refuse your application to join the housing register or reduce your priority for housing if:

  • You or a member of your household has behaved in an unacceptable way
  • You have a substantial housing debt relating to a Wigan Council tenancy or any other social sector tenancy
  • You provide false or misleading information.

© Wigan Council