We believe and promote your rights to be heard and we will involve you in all decisions made about your care experience, pathway planning and arrangements for leaving care.
Children in care and care leavers have developed a pledge to explain how we will help and support you. See our:
How can I share my views?
- Regular questionnaires - While in care or open to the leaving care team, you will be given regular questionnaires to ask you about your views so you can help shape our service for the future
- Care leavers week (26th-30th October 2020) - We hold a number of events throughout care leaver’s week each year where you can have your say
- Care leaver’s Council - Monthly meetings giving you the opportunity to meet other care leavers and have some fun as well as share your views on the issues that matter to you. To attend ask your personal adviser for details or contact us
- Regular events and meetings - Come along and share your views. For upcoming events keep checking this page and check out our quarterly newsletter
- Annual celebration event for care leavers (30th October 2020) - Meet with corporate parents and other professionals we work alongside and attend our award ceremony in recognition of care leavers who have achieved something in the last twelve months
- Play an active role - To help us better deliver services, including recruiting and training professionals, attending the parenting board and benchmarking events, becoming a care leavers champion and volunteering, contact us.
Someone to speak on my behalf
We provide an independent advocacy service to support you when you need somebody to act on your behalf and help you express your views and wishes.
You can ask your personal adviser to help you to make a referral or you can contact them directly:
- Call 01942 867 888 and ask for the young person’s advocate.
How to make a complaint / compliment / comment
If you do not feel you’re receiving support from the leaving care team you have the right to make a complaint. We also value any comments and compliments about our service. You can:
We aim to provide the best possible service and we will always act on the feedback we receive.