If you are living with HIV/AIDS, there is advice and support available. The range of services available to you depends on your personal circumstances but may include:

  • Home support, help with personal care, meal preparation
  • Help with transport
  • Equipment and adaptations, for example grab rails, ramps
  • Advice and information on HIV/AIDS
  • Advice and information on other topics such as work, housing or benefits
  • Complementary therapies and emotional support
  • Short breaks for you and/or your carer.

What help can I get?

To work out just how much and what type of help we can give you to make life easier, we need to carry out an assessment, which is simply a discussion. We will talk with you about your social, physical, medical, emotional and financial needs.

If you are eligible we can then provide or arrange services for you, or you can have a personal budget and use the money that you receive from us to arrange your own support.

If you don't qualify for help you could arrange to employ a care worker privately.

Support services

© Wigan Council