This page will help you with any queries regarding the set up of your MyAccount.
If you require support to use MyAccount for a particular service, please see options below:
Frequently asked questions - MyAccount set up
What will I need to register for MyAccount?
You will need an email address. Find out how to create an email account if you don't have one already.
You must not use temporary email addresses like Dispostable, Yopmail or Mailinator as we only respond to secure email addresses like Outlook, Gmail and Yahoo etc.
How do I register for MyAccount?
Registering for an account is easy and takes a couple of minutes all you need to get started is an email address.
- Go to create account and complete the fields.
- You will then be sent an email to activate your MyAccount.
- Once activated, you can log in, then immediately register for and use the services listed below.
You can also take a look at our simple instruction guide to help you register for MyAccount services.
If we have set up your account for you all you need to do is verify your account:
- Take note of the 4 digit pass code you would have received from a Wigan Council advisor
- You would have received a email with a temporary password use this password to login for the first time
- When you first log in you will be asked for your 4 digit passcode, enter this and then you will be prompted to change your password and create a secret answer and question
If you have any more queries regarding the set up of your MyAccount, you can contact the MyAccount team.
Why do I need to register for MyAccount?
As part of The Deal we are asking residents to get online and sign up for MyAccount. Using our services online will save you time and money and you can contact us in your own time.
Do I need to live in Wigan to have a MyAccount?
No you do not need to live in Wigan. If you live outside the borough you can still create a MyAccount to access some of our online services.
What services are available online?
By registering for MyAccount you will be able to securely access the following range of council services:
- Council Tax - View your details, set up a direct debit, make payments, apply for discounts and amend address details online
- Housing Benefit - Apply for Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction or free school meals. View your details and complete a change of circumstances online
- Bins - request a new or replacement bin and report a missed bin
- Council housing - Apply to join the housing register. Wigan Council tenants can register to view rent statements, make payments online, report a range of issues and request repairs
- Bulky waste - Book and pay for a household bulky waste collection
- Parking services - Apply for parking permits, pay a parking fine and access important information on parking regulations and parking fines, including how to appeal a parking fine
- Pest control - Book a pest control visit
- Registrar services - Book appointments online to register a birth, death, marriage or civil partnership, as well as book a wedding and other ceremonies
- Report issues - Report a wide range of issues within the borough (see full list of what you can report or download the Report It app for your phone).
What if I don't get an email to activate my online account?
If you do not receive an email to allow you to activate your account, check that the email hasn’t gone directly into your ‘spam or junk’ folder. If not, register to create a MyAccount again. If this does not work you can contact the MyAccount team.
I am having trouble logging in
To log in you will need to use the email address and password that you entered when you created your account.
The first time you log in, you must activate your account by clicking on the link in the email that we sent you when you created your account.
I have forgotten my password
You can reset your own password. You will be asked to enter your email address.
I have forgotten my password and the answer to my secret question
You can contact the MyAccount team and we will help you to reset your account.
I no longer have access to the email address I used to create MyAccount
You can update your email address from within MyAccount.
Log in to MyAccount with your previous email address as normal and then within the Manage MyAccount section there is an option to update your e-mail address. There is no need to update your password.
The next time you log into MyAccount, you will need to enter your new email address.
How do I report a problem?
If you're experiencing problems with any of the above tasks or need help with your online use, you can contact the MyAccount team.
If your issue relates to a specific service e.g. missed bins, replacement bins, bulky waste appointments etc. please refer to the service options at the top of this page.