You can now tell us about a range of environmental issues within Wigan Borough.
You can report it online or you can download the app to your phone, which is available for Apple, Google Play and Windows devices.
List of issues you can tell us about via Report It
- Grit bins - new / move, refill
- Abandoned bins
- Contaminated bins
- Damaged street litter bin
- Street litter bin needs emptying
- Resident not bringing in bin
- Waste left in street
- Rubbish in gardens
- Litter in streets
- Pollution - artificial light
- Pollution - Smoke or fumes
- Pollution - Commercial noise
- Fly tipping
- Dog fouling
- Dead animals
- General behaviour issues
- Noise nuisance - alarms
- Noise nuisance - dogs barking
- Noise nuisance - cockerel noise
- Noise nuisance - noisy neighbours
- Lost and stray dogs
- Damaged gates and locks
Highways / transport and parking issues you can tell us about via Report It
- Broken glass / spillage on road
- Drains and gullies on road
- Guardrails and crash barriers
- Manholes – missing / damaged
- Manholes – rocking / uneven/ noisy
- Highway grass verge/ weeds
- Overgrown / overhanging vegetation
- Road markings
- Highway obstructions
- Kerbs – rocking / damaged/ uneven
- Abandoned vehicles
- Needles on public land
- Flags – rocking / damaged / uneven
- Street furniture - bollards / nameplates / signs
- Traffic management
- Parking nuisance
- Parking issues outside schools
- Parking across a dropped kerb
- General parking enquiries
- Pavement and grass verge parking
- Appealing your penalty charge notice
Greenspace / housing issues you can tell us about via Report It
- Bowling greens
- Broken glass or spillage in parks
- Dog fouling in parks
- Flytipping in parks
- Graffiti in parks
- Overgrown vegetation in parks
- Litter and bins in parks
- Play equipment
- Playing fields
- Public toilets
- Uncontrolled horses
- Uncut grass in parks
- Tree maintenance
- Anti-social behaviour
- Environmental issues
- Estates - animal nuisance
- Estates - abandoned properties
- Estates - garden condition
- Vehicle nuisance
More services will continue to be added.
If you need to report anything NOT on this list please go to the Wigan Council report it page.
When should I use 'report it'?
We will only deal with issues on public land. If the issue is on private land you should only report it if it has the potential to cause a public health issue.
You should not include personal information about individuals in any reports.
Before you send a report, consider if you could help to resolve the issue, for example if it is a simple litter problem, as part of The Deal could you or the community help? It should not to be used in emergency situations, where it is more appropriate to contact emergency services.
How do I get the app for my device?
For information on how to download and use 'report it' via the app visit:
How do I use 'report it' via MyAccount?
- Go to the ' MyAccount' login page and refer to the MyAccount guide
- By reporting an issue through MyAccount, a copy of your report and its status will be available.
How do I find out whether my report has been actioned?
Response times are up to 10 working days, depending on the issue reported.
When your report has been made, you will receive an email with a job reference code, an outline of the response time and a link. By selecting the link you will be able to view any updates made to your report. When we close your report, you will receive another email. Again this will include a link which you can select and see any updates made.
You can also check your report status:
- Online via MyAccount - your individual reports are shown under the report it section, select 'view reports'
- Or via the 'My Report It' phone app - select ‘reports’.
Having a MyAccount also means that you can manage your Council Tax, Housing Benefits and Housing Rent all in one place.
We will investigate the reported issue and action in line with our current service policy. Your issue will only be actioned if it meets the current intervention levels for that service.
Why are you asking us to report things online?
We are asking residents to access council services and information online as part of The Deal.
Our online services are quick and easy to use, saving you from having to make costly phone calls or trips to the Life Centre.