Report it - Help

Sign up for a new MyAccount → 

Our old MyAccount was switched off on 31st March 2021.

Please sign up to a new MyAccount now to continue to view your Council Tax and Housing Benefit accounts and report environmental issues.

Please register for Housing Online to view your Housing Rents account.

Registrar services are available through the Births, Marriages and Deaths webpages.

All non-resident services are available directly on our website.

You can tell us about a range of environmental issues within Wigan Borough through MyAccount.

List of issues you can report on MyAccount

The following tables list all the issues you can report through MyAccount.

If you need to report anything NOT listed below, please visit our Wigan Council report it pages.

Environmental and anti-social behaviour issues

  • Grit bins - new / move, refill
  • Abandoned bins
  • Contaminated bins
  • Damaged street litter bin
  • Street litter bin needs emptying
  • Resident not bringing in bin
  • Waste left in street
  • Rubbish in gardens
  • Litter in streets
  • Pollution - artificial light
  • Pollution - Smoke or fumes
  • Pollution - Commercial noise
  • Fly tipping
  • Dog fouling
  • Dead animals
  • General behaviour issues
  • Noise nuisance - alarms
  • Noise nuisance - dogs barking
  • Noise nuisance - cockerel noise
  • Noise nuisance - noisy neighbours
  • Lost and stray dogs
  • Damaged gates and locks

Highways / transport and parking issues

  • Broken glass / spillage on road
  • Drains and gullies on road
  • Guardrails and crash barriers
  • Manholes – missing / damaged
  • Manholes – rocking / uneven/ noisy
  • Highway grass verge/ weeds
  • Overgrown / overhanging vegetation
  • Potholes
  • Road markings
  • Highway obstructions
  • Kerbs – rocking / damaged/ uneven
  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Graffiti
  • Needles on public land
  • Flags – rocking / damaged / uneven
  • Potholes
  • Street furniture - bollards / nameplates / signs
  • Speeding
  • Traffic management
  • Parking nuisance
  • Parking issues outside schools
  • Parking across a dropped kerb
  • General parking enquiries
  • Pavement and grass verge parking
  • Appealing your penalty charge notice

Greenspace / housing issues

  • Bowling greens
  • Broken glass or spillage in parks
  • Dog fouling in parks
  • Flytipping in parks
  • Graffiti in parks
  • Overgrown vegetation in parks
  • Litter and bins in parks
  • Play equipment
  • Playing fields
  • Public toilets
  • Uncontrolled horses
  • Uncut grass in parks
  • Tree maintenance
  • Anti-social behaviour
  • Environmental issues
  • Estates - animal nuisance
  • Estates - abandoned properties
  • Estates - garden condition
  • Flytipping
  • Vehicle nuisance

When should I use 'report it'?

We will only deal with issues on public land. If the issue is on private land you should only report it if it has the potential to cause a public health issue.

You should not include personal information about individuals in any reports.

Before you send a report, consider if you could help to resolve the issue, for example if it is a simple litter problem, as part of The Deal could you or the community help? It should not to be used in emergency situations, where it is more appropriate to contact emergency services.

How do I use 'report it' via MyAccount?

How do I find out whether my report has been actioned?

Response times are up to 10 working days, depending on the issue reported.

When your report has been made, you will receive an email with a job reference code, an outline of the response time and a link. By selecting the link you will be able to view any updates made to your report. When we close your report, you will receive another email. Again this will include a link which you can select and see any updates made.

You can also check your report status by: 

  • Logging into MyAccount - your individual reports are shown under the report it section, just select 'view reports'.

Having a MyAccount also means that you can view your Council Tax and Housing Benefits accounts all in one place.

We will investigate the reported issue and action in line with our current service policy. Your issue will only be actioned if it meets the current intervention levels for that service. 

Why are you asking us to report things online?

We are asking residents to access council services and information online as part of The Deal.

Our online services are quick and easy to use, saving you from having to make costly phone calls or trips to the Life Centre.


Rate the information on this page

green smiley (good) orange smiley (average) red smiley (poor)

© Wigan Council