Please be aware that the our online planning application comments system is NOT linked to MyAccount. You will need to register separately to use the system and make your comments.
To search our database of planning applications you will need an address or the details of the application.
Our database allows you to:
- Search for planning applications
- Track the progress of an application
- View scanned application forms, drawings, decision notices and the conditions/reasons for the decision for applications lodged with the Council
- View locations of planning and building control applications on a map
- Search for appeals lodged and decided
- Comment on pending applications and view officer reports
- Generate a weekly or monthly list of applications.
See our privacy notices to find out how we collect, use and share your personal information.
You will need to register on the system if you wish to save any searches, receive email notifications of pending applications in your area or share your comments.
Commenting on a planning application
Please be aware that your comments will appear online. With this in mind, please DO NOT:
- Use any personal names - please use words such as applicant, neighbour etc
- Provide information you or others wouldn't want to be made public, e.g. financial ,medical information etc
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person
- Be offensive, inflammatory, discriminatory, violent, threatening or libellous in your comments, these will not be considered by the case officer
- Be threatening, abusive or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- Provide a signature - these are not required and do not add weight to comments received
- Impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- Promote sexually explicit material
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
- Promote any illegal activity or violence.
Should you wish to make comments on a planning application, please be aware that the comment page will “time out” after approximately 30 minutes of inactivity. To ensure your comment isn’t lost, it is advisable to create an electronic draft beforehand then paste your comments into the appropriate field.
Please also note that there is a 2000 character limit for an online comment. Should your comment exceed this amount please email your document to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will upload the comment for you onto the planning application.
See our user guide for further details on how to use the system.
Please be aware that by using the search you agree to the Council's disclaimer.