Enforcement and breaches

We have the legal powers to act if works are carried out without planning permission or when planning conditions are not met. This is called enforcement.

We can resolve these issues by discussing them with the developers, or by taking more formal action and serving enforcement notices or other legal notices.

Reporting an alleged breach of planning control

If you suspect an alleged breach of planning control you can report it to us for investigation.

All reported cases remain confidential during the investigation. However, in some cases, we may request individual members of the public to support us in formal proceedings.

Land at Pendlebury Lane, Haigh - current issues

In light of recent issues reported on land north of Pendlebury Lane in Haigh, we've put together a list of frequently asked questions to help residents and other stakeholders understand the extent of the Council’s powers, and the steps it's taken to deal with these issues.


Rate the information on this page

green smiley (good) orange smiley (average) red smiley (poor)

© Wigan Council