We offer targeted specialist educational support for young people aged 4-14 years who are having difficulties in school, this includes:
- Lack of engagement e.g. not attending school
- Students with additional needs that require extra support
- Behavioural issues.
Referrals to the engagement centre are made by the school.
What do we offer?
- 12 week programme (2 days per week) which supplements the student's education at their school
- Access to education that focuses on social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) difficulties
- Skills to help students cope and thrive within their current mainstream school
- Knowledge, support and training for the student's existing school so that they can meet the student's needs on a long term basis
- Timely access to specialist support and wider services e.g. educational psychologist, counselling.
How to get in touch
We have two engagement centres:
- Cavendish Centre, Cavendish Street, Leigh, WN7 1SG - Mon-Fri, 8.30am-3.30pm
- Larch Centre, Larch Avenue, Pemberton, WN5 9QN - Mon-Fri, 8.30am-3.30pm.
If you would like to know more about our engagement centres you can: