We offer targeted specialist educational support for young people aged 4-14 years who are having difficulties in school, this includes:
- Lack of engagement e.g. not attending school
- Students with additional needs that require extra support
- Behavioural issues.
Referrals to the engagement centre are made by the school.
What do we offer?
- 12 week programme (2 days per week) which supplements the student's education at their school
- Access to education that focuses on social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) difficulties
- Skills to help students cope and thrive within their current mainstream school
- Knowledge, support and training for the student's existing school so that they can meet the student's needs on a long term basis
- Timely access to specialist support and wider services e.g. educational psychologist, counselling.
How to get in touch
We have two engagement centres:
- Cavendish Centre, Cavendish Street, Leigh, WN7 1SG - Mon-Fri, 8.30am-3.30pm
- Larch Centre, Larch Avenue, Pemberton, WN5 9QN - Mon-Fri, 8.30am-3.30pm.
If you would like to know more about our engagement centres you can:
To replicate the Engagement Centre offer for children in Reception the Leading Early Years Excellence Partnership are piloting Early Years Well Being Centres to support children with their Reception class placements. If you would like further information please contact ELCCInclusion@wigan.gov.uk