Educational psychology

We offer a range of advice, assessment, training and interventions to support children and young people 0-25 years old.

We work with families, staff and other professionals in a range of settings, applying psychology to promote positive outcomes.

Getting our help

If you have concerns about your child’s progress in school then you might want an educational psychologist to become involved.

Most children come to us through their school, so in the first instance it is best to speak to the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) at your child’s school. There might be a range of interventions that school staff can put into place without needing to ask for the help of the Educational Psychology Service (EPS).

If their involvement is necessary then schools have access to some EPS time, funded by the council, and they can also buy additional time using their school resources.

© Wigan Council