We are now working in partnership with organisations and agencies to provide advice and support to people in crisis. Examples of crisis may include:
- Having no means of providing food for yourself or your family
- Being homeless or finding yourself at risk of being homeless
- Having no basic necessities to manage your home.
If you find yourself in crisis you can apply for welfare support online, which may qualify you for food parcels, gas and electric vouchers and furniture packages. The form is also for professionals making a referral for welfare support on someone else's behalf.
Please note that we do not make cash payments or pay out crisis loans.
We can offer:
- Free, confidential advice and support on a range of welfare benefits
- Help with completing claim forms
- Guidance and support when making appeals.
There are a number of ways you can access welfare rights advice and guidance:
- Request an appointment to see a Welfare Rights Advisor for help with P.I.P, DLA and AA forms
- Arrange a home visit if you are house bound
- You can also get advice about individual benefits and tax credits at GOV.UK
- Visit one of our outreach surgeries:
Outreach surgeries - Dates and times
- Monday from 9am - 12pm at Sunshine House, Scholes
- Tuesday from 9am - 11am at Atherton Library and Ashton Library
- Thursday from 9am - 12pm at Pensioners Link, Charles Street, Leigh
- Thursday from 1pm - 4pm at Marsh Green Library
- Friday from 2pm - 4pm at Golborne Library.
Personal budgeting support
We can offer :
- Assistance/support with money management – prioritising and budgeting
- Help and advice surrounding Council tax and rent arrears, Utilities – gas, electricity, water, unsecured loans, charge cards, credit cards, overdrafts and benefit overpayments
- Checking liability and establishing repayment arrangements based upon budget analysis
- Information on setting up bank accounts
- Signpost to National Debt Line, Step Change, Christians Against Poverty or CAB for multiple debt problems and insolvency options
- Reducing outgoings.
Request help with personal budgeting.