Complete this form if you are:
- A person who is in financial crisis or is vulnerable - see examples of crisis
- A professional contacting us on behalf of a client.
By filling in the welfare support form, you may qualify for food parcels, gas and electric vouchers and furniture packages.
Before you apply
Before making a referral for welfare support, you will need to read the Local Welfare Support Policy and consider the following:
Reasons you may NOT be able to apply for welfare support
You cannot apply for welfare support if you:
- Are a Looked After Child being supported by the Local Authority e.g. private fostering
- Are applying because you have had your benefit disallowed (must apply to DWP Hard ship payments)
- Are applying because you are subject to a benefit sanction (apply to DWP Hardship payments)
- Are resident in a care home or other supported accommodation, unless there are plans for discharge within eight weeks
- Are a hospital in-patient unless there are plans for discharge within eight weeks
- Are lawfully detained unless there are plans for release within eight weeks
- Are a member of and are being maintained by a religious order
- Have applied for assistance with items for independent living in the last 28 days and there is no significant change in circumstances
- Have needs that can be met from another source, this includes if the Council has a statutory duty to meet an expense, e.g. a Disabled Facilities Grant under Section 24(1)(a) of the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996, or under the provisions of Section 17 of the Children Act 1989; or if you have existing disposable income or capital.
Have you had your benefits stopped because of a sanction?
If so, you may be eligible for a hardship payment. Please contact your local Jobcentre Plus (external link) to discuss further. Our scheme does not cover this.
Are you eligible for a budgeting loan?
If you have received one of the following benefits for over 26 weeks, then you may be eligible for a budgeting loan.
- Income support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit
- Universal Credit customers can apply for advance payment by contacting their local Jobcentre Plus (external link).
- Find out more information about budgeting loans (external link) and apply online.
You MUST complete the income/benefits section of the form or your application will not be processed.
Complete the welfare support form