Complete this form if you are:
- A person who is in financial crisis or is vulnerable - see examples of crisis
- A professional contacting us on behalf of a client.
By filling in the welfare support form, you may qualify for food parcels, gas and electric vouchers and furniture packages.
Before you apply
Before you complete the form, you must consider the following:
Reasons you may NOT be able to apply for welfare support
You cannot apply for welfare support if you:
- Are a Looked After Child being supported by the Local Authority e.g. private fostering
- Are applying because you have had your benefit disallowed (must apply to DWP Hard ship payments)
- Are applying because you are subject to a benefit sanction (apply to DWP Hardship payments)
- Are resident in a care home or other supported accommodation, unless there are plans for discharge within eight weeks
- Are a hospital in-patient unless there are plans for discharge within eight weeks
- Are lawfully detained unless there are plans for release within eight weeks
- Are a member of and are being maintained by a religious order
- Have applied for assistance with items for independent living in the last 28 days and there is no significant change in circumstances
- Have needs that can be met from another source, this includes if the Council has a statutory duty to meet an expense, e.g. a Disabled Facilities Grant under Section 24(1)(a) of the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996, or under the provisions of Section 17 of the Children Act 1989; or if you have existing disposable income or capital.
Have you had your benefits stopped because of a sanction?
If so, you may be eligible for a hardship payment. Please contact your local Jobcentre Plus (external link) to discuss further. Our scheme does not cover this.
Are you eligible for a budgeting loan?
If you have received one of the following benefits for over 26 weeks, then you may be eligible for a budgeting loan.
- Income support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit
- Universal Credit customers can apply for advance payment by contacting their local Jobcentre Plus (external link).
- Find out more information about budgeting loans (external link) and apply online.
You MUST complete the income/benefits section of the form or your application will not be processed.
Complete the welfare support form