Temporary road closure application

You may need to apply to temporarily close a road for:

  • Maintenance work
  • A street party

Before a road can be closed or the movement of traffic restricted, we need to speak with everyone involved to make sure they can be safely carried out with minimum disruption.

Any works on the public highway involving either a road closure or prohibition to traffic will require a Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO).

© Wigan Council