Report flooding on the road

We are responsible for the drainage of surface water from adopted roads in the borough. Most road gullies (rainwater grids) are situated at the edge of the kerb and carry surface water to the drains below.

Road and pavement gullies on most major roads are cleaned out on an annual cycle. Gullies on estate roads are cleaned out on a three year cycle.

In addition to this regular cleaning programme, the council will attend to any reports of blocked grids or gullies to investigate the problem and take action to restore them.

How to report blocked drains or gullies

You can report blocked drains or gullies as a Wigan Borough resident through MyAccount or as a non-resident.

Burst water main

If the flooding is due to a burst water main then United Utilities is responsible, please report it directly to them.

© Wigan Council