Report a burst water main

Suspected leaks from a water main and resulting flooding should be reported to United Utilities who are responsible for dealing with water leaking from their water mains.

If you believe that United Utilities are not properly addressing a problem you can complain to the Consumer Council for Water (external link) but you must give United Utilities the opportunity to resolve the problem first.

Householder responsibilities

The water supply pipe into a property from the stop cock on the water main in the pavement is usually the householder’s responsibility.

United Utilities (external link) has further information and helpful advice on your responsibility as a householder, or you can contact them on 0845 746 2200.

© Wigan Council