Disabled parking bays

If you are a disabled resident you may apply to have an advisory parking bay marked on the highway outside your home.

To be able to apply you must meet the following criteria:

  • Be a Blue Badge holder
  • Own and drive a car, or have another member of your family who lives with you and owns and drives a car
  • Do not have a driveway, garage or off-street parking place
  • A safe, legal and suitable location can be marked out
  • If your vehicle is through a mobility company, you are required to obtain a V5 equivalent document before submitting your application.

Please note, disabled bays are only advisory and other drivers may still use them if they wish.


Rate the information on this page

green smiley (good) orange smiley (average) red smiley (poor)

© Wigan Council