Rubbish or litter problems

We will clean up litter on land that we are responsible for, such as roads, pavements and public parks. You may see litter gathering in an area and wish to report it as an issue.

How do I request street or highway cleaning?

You can request street or highway cleaning as a resident of Wigan Borough through MyAccount. You can also request street or highway cleaning  as a non-resident through our online form.

People found littering will be issued with a fixed penalty notice of £150 which if paid within 14 days reduces to £75. Failure to pay the penalty within the time frame will result in prosecution and a maximum fine of £2,500.

Damaged or overflowing public bins

© Wigan Council