Types of accommodation

There are a wide range of accommodation options available to meet your individual needs. These include:

  • Transitional Service - Supports young people leaving children’s care services, helping them to manage bills, cook meals, wash clothes and clean.
  • Single Tenancy - For people living alone, it provides support staff throughout the night and individual support during the day dependant on your needs. This could be in an individual house or an apartment style model.
  • Shared Property - People living together with similar needs, but with their own tenancy agreement and bedroom. Staff are available on site to provide care and support.
  • Good Neighbour Scheme - People without support needs (Good Neighbours) helping their neighbours who are accessing support. Staff are available on site to provide care and support.

Housing providers

Support providers

Support planning 

Some accommodation options have a core support offer which usually includes night time support and the management of any building issues e.g. smoke detector tests, fire drills etc.

Once you’ve bought the core support it’s up to you how you spend the rest of your personal budget, you may choose more one to one support with the same provider or a different provider. 

Other organisations involved in your support might be:

  • Personal assistants
  • District or learning disability nurses
  • Voluntary organisations
  • Psychologist or Occupational Therapist

Care Quality Commission (CQC)

The CQC regulates all health and social care services in England.

© Wigan Council