Anyone aged 16 yrs or over who lives, works or is registered with a GP anywhere in the Wigan Borough can use HealthyRoutes services.
We also provide stop smoking support for young people aged 12 to 17 years.
What we can offer you
The HealthyRoutes team is friendly, understanding and supportive.
We are based in your local community and provide free, confidential and practical personal support and motivation tailored to your specific needs and lifestyle to improve your health.
Our friendly staff can work with you to guide, encourage and support you on:
- Cutting down or giving up smoking tobacco
- Support and advice about e-cigarettes
- Eating a healthy diet - even on a tight budget
- Being more physically active - whatever your level of fitness
- Losing and managing your weight
- Cutting down or stopping drinking alcohol
- Reducing stress or anxiety, or helping you with your self-esteem and building confidence
- NHS Health Checks
HealthyRoutes on the High Street
From Spring 2016, as well as being able to access help at many venues across the borough, you will also be able to drop in and receive all the support offered by HealthyRoutes in one place without having to make an appointment.
HealthyRoutes on the High Street is opening in both Wigan and Leigh:
- Wigan: 8-10 Crompton Street, Wigan, WN1 1YP.
- Leigh: 65 Bradshawgate, Leigh WN7 4NB.
Opening hours: Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm, Tuesday 1pm - 5pm (Wigan venue 1pm - 6pm) and Saturday 10am - 2pm.
Our 'Health on the High Street' centres have Wellpoint Kiosks where you can get advice and keep track of your key health information without having to make an appointment or see a health professional.
The kiosks let you keep track of your:
- Body fat
- Blood pressure
- Heart rate
- Weight and BMI
- Diabetes risk
What you say
"HealthyRoutes helped me while I was going through a difficult period at home. I was feeling unhealthy and under a lot of pressure. My HealthyRoutes advisor listened to me and helped me make easy changes. I’ve lost 5kgs in weight but more importantly I feel that my overall health is so improved and I can cope much better than before."