Plan your perfect day
We’re delighted to be part of your special day and want to make sure your ceremony is not only a memorable celebration, but unique and personal to you both. To make sure everything goes ahead on time and without any hitches, there are a number steps to consider when planning your big day.
Decide on your choice of marriage
We offer two options:
- Marriage ceremony - They last for 30 minutes and can include enhancements like readings, additional promises and music
- Marriage registration - They last for 20 minutes and do not include enhancements, you also have the option of not exchanging rings.
Either ceremony can take place at one of our own venues or an approved premises.
Check availability and make a booking
Once you have chosen your venue and agreed on a date, checking and reserving your date and time is simple.
- To check and book your date and time login or register with MyAccount. Bookings can be made up to two years in advance and a non-refundable booking fee is payable by card
- You will then receive a confirmation e-mail along with further instructions informing you of the legal procedures to follow and the documents required. Please make sure you check all your details are correct.
If you book your ceremony at one of our approved venues you should always contact the venue first before making your provisional booking.
Legal requirements - Giving notice of marriage
By law you need to give notice of your intent to marry at your local Register Office in the district that you live in. You cannot give notice more than 12 months or less than one month before your ceremony.
If you book your ceremony at one of our venues to take place within the next 12 months, you will have one month from the date of your booking to give notice of marriage. If you don’t do this you will lose your booking.
If your ceremony is booked to take place in over 12 months' time, once you get within 12 months of the wedding day, you will have one month to give notice of marriage or you will lose your booking.
You must both give your own individual notice of marriage and you can book either a single or double appointment. There is a statutory £35 per person fee payable.
Don't forget the details
Whether it's a modern or a more traditional ceremony, involving guests, music and readings, we’re on hand to add those personal touches special to you.
You may wish to involve family and friends to recite a reading or exchange your own vows. We are happy to discuss any enhancements to your ceremony but please be aware that specific legal wording must be included.
We will give you a check list to complete and return to us at least 4 weeks before your ceremony. All details of readings/vows should be submitted with your check list. Make sure to consider:
- Your choice of vows and ring vows
- Whether you will enter the room together or separately (and if you will be given away)
- How many guests, children, bridesmaids and page boys you will have
- Any readings you would like and who will be reading them
- How many rings you will have and who will be holding them
- The names of your witnesses
- Your music.
Readings, vows and music must be pre-approved by the ceremonies team before the day of your ceremony and cannot contain any religious content.
The balance of your ceremony fees is payable 8 weeks before your ceremony via MyAccount.
Your marriage ceremony is just one month away and the ceremonies team have everything ready and prepared for your wedding. We’re just as excited as you are.
We will send you an email to advise you of a few details for your wedding day and hopefully answer any of your queries.
We will also remind you to send us your checklist (if applicable), if you have not already done so.
We hope the day is all that you dreamed it would be and wish you every happiness for the future.
Tell us about your day
Around a week after your ceremony you will receive an email from us asking for some comments about your day - we value all feedback received and will use it to continually improve our service.