Welcome to Leigh Bike Library! Based at the Leigh Youth Hub at Leigh Sports Village, our service allows you to loan bikes, helmets, locks and other cycling equipment absolutely FREE of charge.
The idea is simple and works very much like a book library - meaning you can borrow a bike and/or other items for up to one month at a time.
Whether it’s for commuting or for leisure, our fleet of more than 25 bikes are available in a range of sizes.
You can also take advantage of our ‘Dr Bike’ service - with free bike checks and basic repairs to keep you on the road.
How does the library work?
- Just like a normal library, you’ll first need to register by completing our membership form. Any individual loaning a bike must complete a membership form. Under 16s require a parent/guardian to complete a form on their behalf
- Email your completed registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring a hard copy to the library and hand it in to a member of the team
- We will contact you and confirm if there is a bike available for you to loan
- You will be issued with a bike and relevant accessories as per the agreed loan. Collection from the library is available on the first Saturday of each month or on Monday evenings between April - September. Please bring ID as proof of identity. This must be provided prior to a bike being loaned.
- A loan agreement is signed by both parties and a return date is agreed
- Bike to be returned at the end of the one month loan period
- Option to purchase bike, extend loan or return bike and accessories.
View example bikes available to loan.
Policy and Disclaimers
Where to find us
The library will be held at Leigh Youth Hub, Leigh Sports Village, Sale Way, Leigh, WN7 4JY.
- First Saturday of each month: 9am - 12 noon
- First and third Monday of each month September-March: 5pm-7pm
Dr Bike – FREE bike checks and basic repairs
On the first Saturday of each month (9am - 12 noon) the "Gearing Up"(external link) Cycle Workshop will be offering free bike checks and basic repairs. This service is open to the general public. There is no need to book a timeslot, simply bring along your bike to get a free check and/or any basic repairs.
Check out our calendar below for a full list of activities taking place at Leigh Bike Library. Activities include:
- Guided bike rides
- Led walks
- Cycle maintenance training
- Cycle skills sessions
- Bikeability balance sessions.
For further information about the Leigh Bike Library, contact email@example.com or call 01942 828535.