We know that some customers may not be physically able to maintain their garden, so we offer a free gardening service to council home tenants who meet the criteria of the scheme.
Do I qualify?
In order to be considered for the scheme you need to meet the following conditions
- Be a tenant of a council home
- Live alone, or with other people who also qualify
- Have no family within a 2 miles radius of your home who are capable of maintaining the garden for you
- Have proof of disability and be in receipt of, or eligible for the following benefits:
- Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industry Injury Disablement Benefit
- War disablement Pension
- Long term Incapacity Benefit
If you feel you require the service but do not fit the criteria then please contact use. We will assess every customer depending on their individual circumstances and you may qualify regardless of the criteria. Please note that being a council tenant is an essential criteria and this service is only offered to council tenants.
What will the scheme provide?
- Basic gardening works to help keep your garden clean and tidy
- Your first visit will be to assess and tidy your garden.
- Followed by 3 scheduled visits per year to cut the grass and maintain hedges and shrubs where required.
How do I request the service?
The assisted gardening scheme is currently full to capacity, therefore we are unable to accept any further applications at this time. We will reopen the application process should places become available in the near future.