We know that some customers may not be physically able to maintain their garden, so we offer a free gardening service to those tenants who meet the criteria of the scheme.
Do I qualify?
In order to be considered for the scheme you need to meet the following conditions
- Live alone, or with other people who also qualify
- Have no family within a 2 miles radius of your home who are capable of maintaining the garden for you
- Have proof of disability and be in receipt of, or eligible for the following benefits:
- Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industry Injury Disablement Benefit
- War disablement Pension
- Long term Incapacity Benefit
If you feel you require the service but do not fit the criteria then please contact us. We will assess every customer depending on their individual circumstance and you may qualify regardless of the criteria.
What will the scheme provide?
- Basic gardening works to help keep your garden clean and tidy
- Your first visit will be to assess and tidy your garden.
- Followed by 3 scheduled visits per year to cut the grass and maintain hedges and shrubs where required.
How do I request the service?
If you need some help with maintaining your garden and you think you qualify for the scheme, please complete our online application form.
On approval of your application you will be placed on a waiting list and contacted when a place becomes available.