As part of our Age Well service, we want to make sure that you continue to live safely and independently in your own home.
We can help you with:
- Developing your skills to better manage your own home
- Advising and assisting you to apply for home aids and adaptations
- Volunteering and social activities
- Accessing health, social care or other specialist support services
- Claiming welfare and other benefits/grants you are entitled to, including budgeting advice.
If you are 55 plus and living in a Wigan Council Tenancy, you can refer yourself or someone else you know for support by filling in a referral form.
Community Activity Officers
Our friendly Community Activity Officers will be organising a variety of events and activities that are open to all residents of Wigan aged 55+ to promote health and wellbeing and ensure there are opportunities across the Borough for people to get together.
They can assist with:
- Finding out public transport information
- Arranging community transport
- Meeting and greeting people who are nervous about trying something new.
For more information or to make an enquiry, contact us.