Mutual exchange - swapping your home

A mutual exchange is when you arrange to swap homes with someone else.

To apply you have to be a secure council tenant or Housing Association tenant and you must have your landlord’s written permission before you swap.

Mutual exchange can often help tenants to find alternative accommodation quickly.

How to apply

Wigan Council now subscribes to HomeSwapper, the UK's leading mutual exchange service.

If you are a Wigan Council tenant you can register and look for potential swaps free of charge.

© Wigan Council