Wigan SEND Champions
Wigan SEND Champions are a group of Parent/Carers, foster carers and practitioners who come together on a regular basis to share experiences, knowledge and learn from each other to support children and young people with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) in Wigan Borough.
Each month we are offering a virtual session with the objectives to upskill, share knowledge and best practice on a wide range of specific topics covering SEND.
All SEND Champions will receive a free badge to wear. There are no minimum requirements to receive this, you can be as little or as much involved as you would like!
Who can become a champion?
We welcome parents and carers of children with SEND as well as practitioners working with children and young people with an active interest in SEND who wish to learn from others and make a difference in our local community.
How to become a SEND Champion
To keep up to date on the latest SEND information and any upcoming activities, you can sign up for Wigan Parent Carer Forum membership (external link).
Feedback from SEND Champions sessions
- "Informative, concise, and enjoyable"
- "I think the sessions have been more relevant than some of the training I have received from national organisations"
- "I deal with all of these topics in my day-to-day work"
- "It is so good to have this opportunity to be informed and up-skilled with SEND and try to pass some of this info on"
- "Having worked in education for over 15 years …that was the most informative and concise training I have had."