About the Local Offer
The Local Offer is all the provision we expect to be available across education, health and social care for children and young people in Wigan Borough who have SEN or are disabled, including those who do not have Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans.
- Provide clear, comprehensive, accessible and up to date information on services available and how to access them
- Ensure services are more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving children and young people with SEND and their parents, as well as professionals, in its development and review.
See section 30 of the Children and Families Act 2014 (external link) for further details on the Local Offer.
What we share
Wigan Council must publish information about:
- The education, health, care and training provisions we expect to be available in Wigan borough for children and young people who have special educational needs or a disability
- What we expect to be available outside Wigan Borough for children and young people we are responsible for and children and young people who live in Wigan Borough and have a disability
- Arrangements for travel to and from schools, post-16 organisations and places that relevant early years education is provided
- Services to assist in preparing children and young people for adulthood and independent living by finding employment and accommodation, and helping them participate in society.
The local offer should also set out how to access specialist services, how to complain or appeal and plans for transition to adulthood.