In the event of a firearms or weapons attack, always follow these three steps:
If there is a safe route, RUN, if not hide.
- Insist others go with you
- Don’t let them slow you down
- Leave your belongings behind
If you can’t run, HIDE.
- Find cover from gunfire
- Be aware of your exits
- Lock yourself in a room if you can
- Move away from the door
- Be very quiet, turn off your phone
- Barricade yourself in
Call the police when you are safe.
- Give your location
- Describe the attacker
- Can you safely stop others from entering the area?