We have prepared an Employment Land Position Statement which sets out the borough’s employment land supply as of the 1st April 2018 and forms a key part of the borough’s evidence base for planning.
The position statement:
- Sets out what the Draft 2015 Employment Land Review did and where it was left
- Reports on recent take-up and losses of available employment land and employment development, as of April 2018
- Reports on the long term trend of loss of employment land to housing development
- Reports on the quality and quantity of available employment land in Wigan Borough as of April 2018
- Summarises the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework and its implications for the supply of employment land
- Provides an update on regional scale employment development opportunities in neighbouring districts
- Summarises the reasons why there is a need to widen the portfolio of employment sites in the borough to attract and help generate significant investment in businesses and jobs within the borough.