The Annual Monitoring Report undertakes six main tasks:
- To review progress with the preparation of Local Plans set out in our Local Development Scheme.
- To assess the extent to which policies and related targets in our Local Plan have been met or progress is being made towards meeting them or, where they are not being met or are not on track, the reasons why.
- To assess what significant effects the implementation of policies is having on the social, environmental and economic objectives by which we define sustainability and whether these effects are intended.
- To identify whether the policies in the Local Plan need adjusting or replacing because they are not working as intended.
- To set out whether our policies need changing to reflect changes in national policy.
- If our policies or proposals need changing, the actions we need to take to achieve this.