Overpayments and Refunds

If you feel you are due to a refund for any of the reasons listed please contact us. 

  • Moving out of the area 
  • No longer liable for business rates 
  • Rateable value reduction 
  • Property removed from the rating list 
  • Over paid 
  • Entitled to rate relief 

Refunds can be made by personal cheque or by BACS if paid by direct debit, any overpayments made by credit/debit card are transferred back to the credit/debit card account.


Rate the information on this page

green smiley (good) orange smiley (average) red smiley (poor)

© Wigan Council