If you have applied for an organisational Blue Badge and your application has been refused, you have the right to appeal in writing explaining why you think the original decision is wrong.
Your appeal must be sent within 4 weeks of the refusal letter date to Wigan Council, Customer Services, PO Box 100, Wigan, WN1 1DS.
Details to include in your appeal
- Name and address of the organisation
- A statement that makes it clear you want to appeal; for example, “I wish to appeal against your decision not to issue our organisation with a Blue Badge…”
- A concise statement on the grounds of appeal - It is your responsibility to explain why you believe the decision made is incorrect and why you feel your organisation meets the regulations
- You must attach any documents that support your appeal, for example, photocopy evidence of adaptations to the vehicle or proof that the vehicle is a registered disabled passenger vehicle.
Your appeal will be considered along with the supporting documentation and following our findings, we will make one of two decisions:
- Approve the issue of a badge and send you a confirmation letter
- Refuse issue of a badge and send you a confirmation letter.
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the appeal, a formal complaint can be made online by following the council’s complaints procedure.