If you're an employer, you could help someone take their first steps towards securing and sustaining a job.
A lack of understanding of the working world can hold some people back from finding employment. Work experience placements offer people the opportunity to overcome this barrier and develop or refresh valuable skills.
Not only does this improve their confidence, it allows them to make a positive contribution to your business and, in some instances, the community.
Work experience can take many forms including work shadowing, voluntary work, placements and internships.
Why you should get involved
- Introducing new skills, ideas and ways of working to the organisation
- Delivering The Deal behaviours and corporate social responsibilities
- Building a future talent pool, identifying and developing fresh talent
- Developing the mentoring and management skills of your current workforce
- Additional support for the organisation and team to deliver key priorities and objectives or projects
- Promoting workforce diversity
- Enhancing you public profile by supporting your local community.
What you need to do
Find a volunteer