What is a personal assistant?
A personal assistant (PA) is employed directly by a person (or a family member) to support them so they can lead their life the way they choose.
This could be anything from supporting with daily tasks in the home, personal care, support at work, education or leisure.
The role is flexible, and no two jobs are the same. The tasks and working arrangements are based on the needs of the individual you support. You could be working in their home, at work or out and about in the local community.
Who are we looking for?
You don’t need any previous experience or qualifications to be a personal assistant. Training and specific support will be given to you if the role requires it.
We are looking for people who are:
- A good listener
- Passionate about supporting people with their goals
- Willing to learn new skills.
Benefits of being a personal assistant
- A personal assistant is a paying role - this is often minimum wage
- Flexible hours and locations that work around current commitments in your life
- The role and tasks are diverse
- Gain experience within the care sector which will support future career ambitions
- Make a real difference to someone’s life
- Give back to your local community.
How do you get involved?
Wigan Council fund Embrace, a local charity, to help match personal assistants together with adults and children who need support within the Wigan Borough.