We are doing our bit to save energy and reduce our carbon emissions.
We have installed new boilers, solar panels, insulation and switched properties from electric to gas. This has allowed our tenants to save money on their fuel bills as well as helped to protect the environment.
Reduce your bills further
There are lots of other things you can do for yourself to save more money.
Smart meters are the new generation of gas and electricity meters, which will replace the traditional meters in our homes.
The benefits of smart meters
- Bills will be accurate, not estimated
- Regular meter readings will be shared directly with your energy supplier through a secure wireless network, meaning no more manual meter readings
- You will receive an in-home display, which shows exactly how much energy you’re using, as you use it, and what it is costing in pounds and pence.
- Switching between suppliers, or between credit and prepay, will be quicker and easier
- Prepay customers will be able to top up online or via their mobile phone.
To find out more, check out Smart Energy GB (external link) or contact your energy supplier.
Help protect the environment
The national recycling campaign, Recyclenow has lots of suggestions for how you can reduce your waste, re-use and recycle.
If you want to know where you can recycle in the borough see bins and recycling page.