We recognise that small and medium sized enterprises have limited resources to understand and ensure they comply with requirements across the wide range of regulations which apply to them.
They are also less likely to be connected to other sources of help and education such as trade associations and insurance companies.
Lack of knowledge, understanding and experience in any businesses increases the risk of non compliance and unbudgeted cost.
Regulatory experts from the council are a dependable source of authoritative advice, information and guidance and can support local businesses to:
- Identify and anticipate issues that can impact on a business
- Obtain knowledge and support of how to remedy problems
- Access the right level of support
- Be confident they are meeting their regulatory obligations
- Ensure regulatory compliance in a way that is affordable and proportionate to potential risks in the business
How to register
You can access general information and guidance for free on our website, however, we also offer more individual support:
- Advisory site meeting - We can carry out a Food Hygiene Rerating Pre-Inspection advisory visit for a fee of £122. This meeting provides detailed food hygiene support for your business.
- If you need further advisory visits, this is chargeable at an hourly rate of £81.
- Pay the first hour's fee for an advisory site meeting. Any additional payments can be made following an agreement with your appointed Environmental Health Officer.
Please register for the advice you require.
How to contact us
If you would like further information please complete the online business enquiry form.