We recognise that small and medium sized enterprises have limited resources to understand and ensure they comply with requirements across the wide range of regulations which apply to them.
They are also less likely to be connected to other sources of help and education such as trade associations and insurance companies.
Lack of knowledge, understanding and experience in any businesses increases the risk of non compliance and unbudgeted cost.
Regulatory experts from the council are a dependable source of authoritative advice, information and guidance and can support local businesses to:
- Identify and anticipate issues that can impact on a business
- Obtain knowledge and support of how to remedy problems
- Access the right level of support
- Be confident they are meeting their regulatory obligations
- Ensure regulatory compliance in a way that is affordable and proportionate to potential risks in the business
How to register
You can access general information and guidance for free on our website, but for more individual support you can now register with us to access:
- Phone consultations - free advice over the telephone - up to one hour per year, for every business in the borough
- Advisory site meeting for detailed support (chargeable at our hourly rate)
- Authoritative guidance
How to contact us
If you would like further information please complete the online business enquiry form.