We have garages to rent across Wigan borough.
Anyone can rent a garage, and you don’t have to be a Wigan Council tenant. They cost from as little as £4.48 per week for council tenants and £5.38 for non-tenants.
How to apply
Take a look at our list of garage sites in Wigan and Leigh. If you would like to rent a garage, please complete our online application form.
Some garage sites are more popular than others so there may be a waiting list. If you are offered a garage you will need to sign a garage tenancy agreement. When you sign this agreement you will need to provide:
- Two forms of identification e.g. photo driving license, passport, bills addressed to you at your home
- Your bank details, if you want to pay by direct debit.
Things to note when renting a garage
- Rent is payable weekly, however you can pay monthly if you choose to
- The best method of payment is by direct debit
- Your garage must only be used to park your vehicle and not used for business purposes
- If your garage needs a repair, please let us know and provide the full garage address
- If you want to stop renting your garage, we require a month's written notice.