Information to help you in your new role as a school governor.
Information you should receive
On starting your new role, you should be given information from your school including:
- Minutes from last three governing body meetings
- School prospectus
- School improvement plan
- Plan of the school
- List of governors and members of staff.
Visiting the school
Your head teacher may invite you to visit the school in order to:
- Introduce you to key members of staff
- Help you get familiar with the building
- Give you an opportunity to ask questions.
Your link governor is often the person who will be responsible for helping you settle into your new role.