Moving into or leaving the borough

If you are new to the borough you need to tell us your new address so that we can register you for Council Tax.

If you are leaving the borough you will need to tell us that you are moving out.

You can  log in to your MyAccount to let us know.

Through your MyAccount you can:

  • View your account details
  • Change your address or payment details / payment plan
  • Council Tax bill is in the wrong name
  • Set up a direct debit
  • Someone has died
  • Someone is leaving or joining the household
  • Bill start/end date is wrong.

Don't have a MyAccount?

If you don’t have a one already simply:

If you do not wish to setup a MyAccount you can inform of us of changes using the form below:

After your first bill

When you receive your first bill you can then go back into MyAccount and link it to your Council Tax account so that you can manage your details, view your account and pay online.

If you don't have a Direct Debit set up at your new property or have not made a payment, you can register successfully by selecting 'no payment made as moved property in last 6 months'.

How to report a tenancy change if you're a landlord

If you're a landlord or managing agent and wish to report changes at a rented property, you can:


Rate the information on this page

green smiley (good) orange smiley (average) red smiley (poor)

© Wigan Council