How do I find a trader?
How do traders join the scheme?
Traders apply to the scheme and are verified if they commit to following consumer protection and other relevant legislation.
How does it work?
Consumers award rate scheme members on a star rating of one to five. The more satisfied the customer is, the better the rating.
Do scheme members offer the lowest price?
We always advise customers to get at least three quotes and keep in mind that the cheapest quote is not always the best one.
If you change your mind after the trader has quoted, or if after work has started you ask for additional work to be done, you should ask for a revised price as this may cost more.
Do trading standards guarantee the quality of the work?
Scheme members agree to comply with the law. However we can not guarantee the quality of their work.
What if I’m not happy with the work?
Although we don’t guarantee the quality of the work, we will investigate poor ratings and take action where necessary.
If we do this, we will not pass on your details to any trader without your consent.
We ask you to be as fair as possible when evaluating your trader, keeping in mind that all traders experience occasional problems outside their control. If you do have a problem you should contact us.
2023 Good Trader Scheme Award Winners
- Good Trader of the Year: Wigan - Gerrards Carpets and Upholestery Cleaners
- Good Trader of the Year: Leigh - GJM School of Motoring
- Highly Commended Trader: Wigan - Bathtek North West
- Highly Commended Trader: Leigh - Elite365 Locksmiths
- Best Newcomer: Wigan - Handyman Repairs
- Best Newcomer: Leigh - Waste Wizards.
2023 Certificate of Excellence Winners
- A and J Kitchen Fitters
- Advanced Fencing & Gates Limited
- ANA Roofing Services & Property Maintenance
- Bathtek Northwest
- Blitzed It UK
- C and S Plastics
- Chris Smith Builder
- CL Bathrooms Plumbing and Tiling
- Current Electrical Services
- D-Lux UPVC
- Direct Blinds and Shutters
- Elite365 Locksmiths
- Expert Computers
- Ferris Electrical and Ferris Property Maintenance
- FG Welch Central Heating and Gas Services Ltd
- Gary Sanderson Carpets and Vinyls
- Gerrards Carpet and Upholstery Cleaners
- GHE Electrical Fire and Security Ltd
- GJM School of Motoring Ltd
- Greenscape Professional Landscapes
- Handyman Repairs
- Herons Electrical Services
- Hobsons Roofcare
- Imagine Kitchens Limited
- Jeff Bailey
- KDM Electrical
- MLS Garden Services
- M M Electrical Contractors Ltd
- MW Building and Home Improvements
- Makerfield Roof Solutions - Leigh
- Martin Howarth Home Improvements
- PH Profiles
- PH WINDOWS
- Royal Home Improvements
- Standish Property Maintenance and Pest Control
- TJ Joinery Ltd
- Viewpoint Roofing Limited
- Waste Wizards
- Zest Plumbing and Heating