Borough Life is delivered three times a year to 130,000 households in the borough. Each edition is packed with news and features about the council and its public service partners as well as community activities and upcoming events.
In this edition we go behind the scenes at the borough’s hottest new venue, Albert’s in Standish, and you can win a meal for two.
We also celebrate some of our businesses who are giving back to charity and showcase our new wedding offer. Don't forget to check out our Christmas what’s on guide
We’d love to hear what you think of the magazine. Please email Borough Life with any feedback or if you have an idea for a story.
- Welcome to Albert's
- Your ceremony
- Pier we go
- Mental health and me
- What’s on guide - Christmas special
- Issue 61 - Summer 2019In this edition:
- Summer food and drink guide
- Hunting for ghosts: A spooky attraction
- Everybody needs good neighbours
- Our town: Spotlight on Hindley and Hindley Green
- Issue 60 - Spring 2019In this edition:
- You got a friend in me: The value of friendships
- Finding a family: A life shared is a life well
- The Fire Within: Wigan Borough's new Cultural Manifesto
- Food and drink: Trendy eateries with indulgent treats
- Issue 59 - Winter 2018In this edition:
- Remember, remember the wise words on Ember: Meet a recycling superstar
- Drive electric: The future is here!
- Food and drink: Tasty homegrown treats
- History: The life of a community icon is celebrated
- Issue 58 - Summer 2018In this edition:
- The culture club: Young people share what art and culture inspires them
- Relive the iconic Northern Soul movement
- From Wigan to West End: Actor Jack shares her journey to stardom
- Go behind the scenes in our libraries
- Issue 57 - Spring 2018 In this edition:
- Danny Sculthorpe has a new state of mind on mental health
- Teenagers share their views on the issue of body image
- Parents of Carly Fairhurst helping other victims of domestic violence
- How we care for the health of the homeless
For older issues please contact us.