Borough Life is delivered three times a year to 130,000 households in the borough. Each edition is packed with news and features about the council and its public service partners as well as community activities and upcoming events.
In this special edition we go back to 1945 to mark the 75th anniversary of VE Day in honour of those, past and present, who have and continue to serve in the armed forces and their families.
From ration recipes to old photographs, we’ve scoured the archives to give you a taste of what life would have been like in the borough back in 1945.
We’d love to hear what you think of the magazine. Please email Borough Life with any feedback or if you have an idea for a story.
- Our fight against Climate Change
- Famous film sets
- VE Day special
- What’s on guide – Easter special
- Issue 62 - Winter 2019 In this edition:
- Welcome to Albert's
- Your ceremony
- Pier we go
- Mental health and me
- What’s on guide - Christmas special
- Issue 61 - Summer 2019In this edition:
- Summer food and drink guide
- Hunting for ghosts: A spooky attraction
- Everybody needs good neighbours
- Our town: Spotlight on Hindley and Hindley Green
- Issue 60 - Spring 2019In this edition:
- You got a friend in me: The value of friendships
- Finding a family: A life shared is a life well
- The Fire Within: Wigan Borough's new Cultural Manifesto
- Food and drink: Trendy eateries with indulgent treats
For older issues please contact us.