Borough Life is delivered three times a year to 130,000 households in the borough. Each edition is packed with news and features about the council and its public service partners as well as community activities and upcoming events.
Our new edition of the award winning Borough Life magazine is out now!
It’s a packed edition full of stories about local people, trendy food and drink facilities, a sneak peek at Wigan Borough’s new Cultural Manifesto, lots of events taking place across the borough and much more.
You can also be in with a chance of winning tickets to this year’s Wigan International Jazz Festival and a 12 month golf membership at Haigh Woodland Park.
- You got a friend in me: The value of friendships
- Finding a family: A life shared is a life well spent
- The Fire Within: Wigan Borough's new Cultural Manifesto
- Food and drink: Trendy eateries with indulgent treats
- Our towns: Spotlight on Tyldesley.
- Issue 59 - Winter 2018In this edition:
- Remember, remember the wise words on Ember: Meet a recycling superstar
- Drive electric: The future is here!
- Food and drink: Tasty homegrown treats
- History: The life of a community icon is celebrated
- Issue 58 - Summer 2018In this edition:
- The culture club: Young people share what art and culture inspires them
- Relive the iconic Northern Soul movement
- From Wigan to West End: Actor Ibinabo Jack shares her journey to stardom
- Go behind the scenes in our libraries
- Issue 57 - Spring 2018 In this edition:
- Danny Sculthorpe has a new state of mind on mental health
- Teenagers share their views on the issue of body image
- Parents of Carly Fairhurst helping other victims of domestic violence
- How we care for the health of the homeless
- Issue 56 - Winter 2017In this edition:
- Look at me now: Meet the high flyers
- Journey back to work: Balancing work and family life
- The Big Idea: Digital programme gets royal approval
- Tech pioneers: Digital careers on the rise
For older issues please contact us.