The Good Trader Scheme gives us a way of combating doorstep crime by cutting down on rogue traders and helps to raise confidence in local businesses.
Benefits of the scheme
The scheme is run by Wigan Trading Standards and helps local people find reputable traders - and supports local businesses, like yours.
Become a member and join over 200 local businesses already enjoying the benefits of being on the Scheme:
- Trading Standards recognition for your business and their support when you need it
- Generate more customers and reduce your advertising costs
- Age UK refer 1000’s of potential customers to Scheme members each year
- The Good Trader Scheme has the most visited pages on the Wigan Council website business pages, with over 1000 visits per month
- The Good Trader Scheme dedicated website receives 2300 visits every month.
How do you make sure that consumer feedback is genuine?
From time to time checks will be carried out to make sure customer feedback is genuine. Feedback is refused if consumers refuse to give us their contact details.
What if the feedback is poor?
If you are given an overall satisfaction rating of two stars or less, we will contact the consumer to check the feedback is genuine.