Pennington Golf Course is a 9-hole municipal course in Leigh.
It’s a good test for all abilities, with the mainly flat park land interrupted by streams and ponds which weave throughout the course. Spread over 2739 yards, it’s a good size to practice on and develop your skills.
How to book a game
To book a game you will need to use the online booking portal:
No ‘turn up and play’ golf will be permitted. Payment will be taken on booking. Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee you will get your preferred day or time slot.
Important changes to play
- Players are not permitted to get within 2 metres of another player (outside of their household) at any point. Social distancing should be maintained at all times during play
- There will be no competitive golf at this stage
- Tee times will be 10 minutes apart to help customers maintain social distancing
- A Course Marshal will monitor start times and may adjust times for social distancing. They will undertake regular checks to ensure rules are followed. Players must follow Course Marshall instructions at all times
- Players must bring their own clubs and equipment. Equipment hire is not available at the moment
- Flags are to be left in the hole and not to be touched at any point The hole cups have been turned upside down, enabling balls to be retrieved safely and easily
- No rakes are to be used on the course
Who can play?
The course is open to all members of the public (you don’t need to have visited us before), providing you have your own clubs and equipment.
A maximum of 4 players are permitted to play per tee off time. Players from different households are to maintain a 2 metre distance from each other and not share equipment.
When you have arrived
Check in will be at the front of the Golf Shop located at the Visitor Information Point.
Please note, do not arrive before your booking time. Once your round is complete, please leave the course and car park.
Golf course prices
- Weekends - £7.50 per round
- Weekdays - £6.50 per round