We offer support, advice and guidance for young people aged 0-19 (or 25 if they have learning or additional needs) who are at level 3 on Wigan Safeguarding's Thresholds of Need (external link).
By addressing any concerns in a multi-agency way, with an early help assessment, we can make sure that young people get the support they need to reach their full potential.
What support is available?
We undertake early help assessments with families in a strengths-based way to identity needs and then to provide impartial support, advice and guidance as part of an early help plan. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Parenting advice and guidance to help address any concerns about behaviour in a positive way
- Support for those who are experiencing issues around education and learning, teenage pregnancy, unemployment, emotional and behavioural development, social isolation, risk taking behaviour, drugs and alcohol usage, social isolation, housing, health and wellbeing and child poverty
- One-to-one support with an allocated worker
- A range of developmental support activities for families throughout the year
- Telling families about other appropriate opportunities.
Other services that may help
- Family Directory (external link) - gives more information on childcare, activities for children, education and training, children’s centres, parenting, finance and more.
- LINC2 - has a list of things to do for your people, a survival guide and a section on how young people can have a say
- Start Well: Healthier Wigan Partnership (external link) – provides details of available services from the Start Well family centres for children predominantly aged 0 – 5 years. There is also advice and support for parents of all aged children with useful links to recognised websites and resources.
If you’re looking for some help with a specific issue in your family, you may want to try some of these services listed below for help first.
If you think the Start Well service is the most appropriate service for you, please call 01942 828300 for support.
If you’re a professional working with a family who you think would benefit from the Start Well service at Threshold of Need level 3, please complete our Professional Referral form.