If you're not sure if the issue meets the threshold to inform LADO, or if you wish to discuss the matter before referring, you can contact us first.
When receiving an allegation:
- Treat it seriously and keep an open mind
- Do not investigate
- Do not make assumptions or offer alternative explanations
- Do not promise confidentiality
- Record the details using the child/adult’s own words
- Note time/date/place of incident(s), persons present and what was said
- Sign and date the written record
- Do not tell the member of staff/volunteer if this might place the child at risk of significant harm or jeopardise any future investigation.
Please use a separate form if more than one child or member of staff/volunteer is involved.
Name of person making the allegation