If you're fair minded and keen to see change for the better and are looking for a volunteering opportunity, becoming a member of Tenant Voice may be for you.
As a member of Tenant Voice, you will act as a link between ourselves, partner organisations, tenants and residents to help improve communities and estates.
Who can join?
- Tenants or residents on Wigan Council estates
- Anyone who can attend mandatory training courses and at least three meetings per year
- Is willing to offer advice, point people in the right direction and liaise with partner agencies and contractors.
What would I do?
- Provide tenants and residents with contact details to resolve any issues they may have
- Signpost any sensitive information to the correct departments or staff
- Lead by example and act as a role model to other tenants and residents
- Suggest improvements to services and the visible appearance of the estate
- Attend formal estate inspections, where applicable
- Assist the Housing Advisory Panel.
How do I join?
To become a Tenant Voice you will need to complete a simple online form on the Wigan Borough Volunteering Hub.